Welcome!

Welcome to my Doula Blog! I hope you find it interesting and informative.

My name is Natalie. I am a wife, a mother of almost five boys, a doula, and a Hypnobabies Instructor! I'm passionate about childbirth and hope to help women realize the power that is in them to birth more normally and naturally. It's my goal to help women feel confident and comfortable during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Yes, it is possible! It's also amazing, incredible, wonderful, empowering, and life changing.

As a doula, I am a trained professional who understands and trusts the process of birth. I provide continuous care for the laboring mother and her partner. Studies have shown that when doulas attend births, labors are shorter with fewer complications. I attend to women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience in both home and hospital settings. I draw on my knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with the other members of your birth team to make sure that you have the information that you need to make informed decisions in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to the laboring mother and her partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for comfort.

Feel free to contact me at doulanataliesue@gmail.com.
Thanks for stopping by!

Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Swollen Feet!

http://www.birthologie.com/pregnancy/why-in-the-world-are-you-so-swollen/

I got a desperate call from my pregnant niece today,
“My feet are huge!  And my lower back aches all the time.  HELP!”
You know, everything you can find about swelling during pregnancy really….does not go far enough or take it seriously enough.  It took me until my 5th pregnancy to really figure out the cause and real life effective treatment!  Meanwhile, during my other 4 pregnancies my feet were like overstuffed sausages and it was incredibly painful to stand for more than 3 minutes at a time. And if you do have bad lower back pain, that is your kidneys as well!
While articles like the one I posted below give good suggestions, I want to give you GREAT suggestions to eliminate swelling during pregnancy.

WHY YOU SWELL?

Because your kidneys aren’t functioning optimally.  They aren’t removing waste products efficiently.  This goes for any type of swelling, pregnant or not, including the puffiness under and around your eyes.

HOW DO YOU FIX THAT?

Besides all the standard “put your feet up and wear compression hose” suggestions, let’s get to the root of the problem.

FIX YOUR KIDNEYS!

1.  Eating about a 5 lb watermelon everyday will completely flush your kidneys, and reduce or eliminate the swelling. Other foods that works well is parsley, onion, celery, fish oil ( LOVE Barlean’s Lemon Swirl), garlic and peppermint.
2.  Take kidney supporting herbs.  I like Happy Backs from Herbalogie.com, but anything with uva ursi or gravelroot is great.  Also, many herbal preparations have parsley in them, it’s a great addition.
3.  Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint or Cypress essential oils, rubbed on the lower back region and on the feet work really well to nourish your kidneys and get them working well.  You can use them neat (aka put them straight on) or put a few drops in carrier oil like olive oil or apricot oil and massage it in.  Again, Herbalogie.com is a great resource as well asButterflyExpress.com
4.  Drink a lot of water or tea, such as pregnancy tea or uva ursi tea.
By the way, toxemia and pre eclampsia, which are very serious conditions, are both kidney problems.  While not all women that swell end up with these ailments, it’s a good idea to incorporate these suggestion to help stave them off.

2 comments:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thanks for this helpful information shared in this post. I read this post and it is very useful article.

Anonymous said...

I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.