Welcome!

Welcome to my Doula Blog! I hope you find it interesting and informative.

My name is Natalie. I am a wife, a mother of almost five boys, a doula, and a Hypnobabies Instructor! I'm passionate about childbirth and hope to help women realize the power that is in them to birth more normally and naturally. It's my goal to help women feel confident and comfortable during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Yes, it is possible! It's also amazing, incredible, wonderful, empowering, and life changing.

As a doula, I am a trained professional who understands and trusts the process of birth. I provide continuous care for the laboring mother and her partner. Studies have shown that when doulas attend births, labors are shorter with fewer complications. I attend to women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience in both home and hospital settings. I draw on my knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with the other members of your birth team to make sure that you have the information that you need to make informed decisions in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to the laboring mother and her partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for comfort.

Feel free to contact me at doulanataliesue@gmail.com.
Thanks for stopping by!

Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

15 Weeks!

How your baby's growing:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.

Yay - it's so exciting!  I was also pleased to read that it's normal to have gained about 5 pounds by now. Hooray for being on track. Whew. That's good news considering how much I feel I have to eat these days. 

I'm still sick. Yuck. But I'm getting better. Gradually. I was a little nauseous yesterday, but I never dry heaved.  I actually did some laundry and picked up the house a little bit. That was a big deal. I've got to keep doing things little by little because we are supposed to have family at our house this weekend. Trying not to stress about things too much. If it's not clean, they know I've been sick. 

I can tell I'm growing. When I lay on my back, my tummy pooch does sink all the way down anymore. There's still a little bump in there from the "apple" that is growing. So exciting. About 5 more weeks and we'll find out if this is a girl or a boy!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oooh, so exciting! I think sometimes even after you aren't feeling sick anymore it's hard to have enough energy to keep the house picked up. :)

I get to find out the gender of ours on Monday!!!