Welcome!

Welcome to my Doula Blog! I hope you find it interesting and informative.

My name is Natalie. I am a wife, a mother of almost five boys, a doula, and a Hypnobabies Instructor! I'm passionate about childbirth and hope to help women realize the power that is in them to birth more normally and naturally. It's my goal to help women feel confident and comfortable during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Yes, it is possible! It's also amazing, incredible, wonderful, empowering, and life changing.

As a doula, I am a trained professional who understands and trusts the process of birth. I provide continuous care for the laboring mother and her partner. Studies have shown that when doulas attend births, labors are shorter with fewer complications. I attend to women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience in both home and hospital settings. I draw on my knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with the other members of your birth team to make sure that you have the information that you need to make informed decisions in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to the laboring mother and her partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for comfort.

Feel free to contact me at doulanataliesue@gmail.com.
Thanks for stopping by!

Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Light at the End of The Tunnel

I think I can see the light... it's getting closer!
I'm actually feeling myself pull out of  this morning sickness junk.  Yesterday, I realized that it took me longer to get to the point of feeling nauseous. For instance, it came on later in the evening. Usually it hits hard in the afternoon. And....usually when I'm putting the kids to bed (since it's such hard work), I'm always gagging. I only gagged once last night. Wahoo!
I also just felt a little sick. Not miserable to tears or too miserable that I just had to sit on the couch. I could actually move and not feel like I was going to throw up.
I just have to say, that I'm very excited about this!
I remember I felt fabulous by about 18 weeks, so I'm hoping that his pregnancy is no different. I know that some people struggle the whole time, and I'm worried about that. I can't wait to feel better. I've kind of forgotten what that feels like! The sad thing is, I wasn't feeling so great before I got pregnant. I had a hormonal imbalance that was making me gag a little, and giving me huge food aversions. Sometimes I even felt nauseous. So why in the world did I get pregnant to add to that? hahaha. Good question. The thing that reassured me is the hormonal changes that DO occur when you're pregnant. Your thyroid enlarges and can function a little better. So basically I'm hoping that after the sickness passes, that I feel great. It's been a while!

No comments: